UMass Amherst Global Live Program Enrollment Contract
- By submitting your payment to participate in the UMass Amherst (UMA) Global Live program, you are agreeing to this Enrollment Contract, which forms a legal contract between you and UMA Global (“we” or “us”).
- Tuition and fees payment: You must pay the balance shown on your invoice by the due date indicated on the invoice. You are responsible for paying the full invoice amount, including any banking or processing fees, to UMass Amherst Global. UMass Amherst Global has the right to amend prices due to events beyond its control.
- Failure to Pay. Failure to pay by your payment deadline may lead to penalties, including late fees, inability to complete your program, and a hold on your account that will prevent you from enrolling in classes. You may be dismissed from your UMass Amherst Global Live program for failure to pay your invoice.
- Refunds of Deposit: The deposit is non-refundable except in extenuating circumstances. To be considered for a deposit refund, you must fill out the request for refund form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refunds for Cancellation of Enrollment: If you cancel your enrollment prior to your program start date listed here, you may request a full refund of fees paid, less your deposit and any other non-refundable fees. After the start of your program, you may be eligible for the partial refunds listed in the table below. After the no refund dates listed below, all tuition and fees for the entire duration of your program at UMass Amherst Global are nonrefundable.
|Intake Semester||Last Day for Refund 100%||Last Day for Refund 50%||Last Day for Refund 25%||First Day 0% Refund|
- Refunds for Certain Restrictions. It is your responsibility to ensure, prior to your program’s start date, that you have a suitable internet connection and meet the technical requirements (found here) to receive and participate in UMass Amherst Global Live lectures and other online content. If, after your start date, you become unable to receive course lectures due to regional internet restrictions, regulations that prohibit the delivery of UMass Amherst Global Live content or its modality, or for other reasons outside of your control, please contact email@example.com as you may be entitled to a refund of all or a portion of your tuition and fees.
- Refunds Generally. We will only make refunds in U.S. Dollars, minus bank transfer and processing fees, to the bank account from which payment was originally made. To request a refund, fill out the request for refund form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will be processed according to the exchange rate in place at the time of the refund.
- Academic Content and Transfer. For-credit academic courses through your UMass Amherst Global Live program are provided by the University of Massachusetts Amherst (UMass Amherst). Qualified students who successfully complete UMass Amherst Global Live program courses in good standing may be able to transfer UMass Amherst Global Live program credits to UMass Amherst and other US institutions.
- Non-U.S. Institutions. UMass Amherst is a U.S. accredited university. Please be aware that credits earned in your UMass Amherst Global Live program may not be transferrable to systems of higher education outside of the U.S. Whether and how much transfer credit to award is in the discretion of the accepting institution.
- As a UMass Amherst Global Live student, you may be eligible for admission to select U.S. universities, and receive academic credit for coursework completed in your UMass Amherst Global Live program. By participating in UMass Amherst Global Live, you consent to the disclosure of your educational records, including records relating to your academic performance and behavioral conduct, and any personally identifiable information therein, by UMass Amherst Global to universities with which UMass Amherst Global is affiliated for the purpose of evaluating your eligibility for admission.
- Photography, Filming and Sound Recording. UMass Amherst Global or its representatives, affiliates, successors and related companies may arrange to photograph or shoot video footage of students for purposes of advertising, public relations, and/or promotion in any medium throughout the world, including on social media sites and on the internet. If you do not wish to participate you must advise us in writing and state at the time of the photography or video shooting the wish not to participate. By accepting this Enrollment Contract, you are indicating your consent to use these photographs or video footage without further consent or notifications unless you follow the above opt-out requirements.
- Force Majeure. UMass Amherst Global will not be liable in cases where UMass Amherst Global is unable to fulfill any services because of fire, natural disaster, disease or pandemic, national emergency, act of government, acts of war or terrorism, failure of suppliers or subcontractors, labor disputes or any other reasons which are beyond UMass Amherst Global’s control.
- Liability. The liability of UMass Amherst Global, its operator, Shorelight-Minuteman, LLC, its parent Shorelight Education, LLC, and their group companies (the “Operator”) directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents and partners with respect to losses arising from negligence (except where such liability cannot be excluded as a matter of law), breach of contract or otherwise will be limited in all circumstances to the full amount paid to UMass Amherst Global or the relevant group company by the relevant student. Such companies and persons will in no circumstances have any liability for indirect or consequential losses or damages. Any dispute, claim or other matter arising will be subject to the jurisdiction and laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard to the choice of law rules. Any legal suit, action or proceeding seeking to enforce any provision of, or based on any right or issues arising out of or related to this Enrollment Contract, shall be brought exclusively in the Massachusetts state courts located in Suffolk County. By signing these terms and conditions, the student consents to and accepts the jurisdictions of such courts for the purpose of any such action or proceeding and agree to waive any objection to venue being laid therein.
- UMass Amherst Global University Partner Acknowledgements. If you begin your studies through UMass Amherst Live, you acknowledge that completion of your studies at a UMass Amherst Global university partner will require you to obtain a valid U.S. visa for study, and that UMass Amherst Global cannot guarantee you will receive your visa. Moreover, you may not know if you are denied a visa until after completing all or a substantial portion of your UMass Amherst Global Live program.
- You are required to adhere to the UMass Amherst Code of Student Conduct which provides a framework of standard acceptable behavior for students. The Code of Student Conduct can be found at http://www.umass.edu/dean_students/conduct. You may be suspended or dismissed from the UMass Amherst Global Live program if you violate the Code of Student Conduct or any other UMass Amherst rules or regulations. You will not be eligible for a refund if you are suspended or dismissed.
- Internships and Externships. If you are accepted into an internship or externship option, such as CAP Premier, all opportunities will be awarded by a third-party organization at such organization’s sole discretion.
- Legal Compliance. We have a legal obligation to comply with U.S. laws and regulations. We may use certain information you provided to us on your application to ensure our compliance with export and other regulations by screening you against lists prepared by federal government agencies, such as those prepared by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury. You hereby consent to the transfer of your personally identifiable information to third-party screening services that we have retained solely to conduct such screenings.